Sunday, December 26, 2010

Shopped 'til I BOXING DAY'd in!

HEY! *MARK* this one on a Calendar to Celebrate LATER! -- A *Perfect* SUNNY BOXING DAY!!

So, of course, I got up Late... I'm a "Zen-Shopper". NOT, one of those Camped-Out-For-A-Week-In-Front-Of-The-Local-MEGA-DEBT-BIG-BOX-SUPERSHOP-Hoping-To-Get-"STONES"-Tickets Types... I prefer to wait until the First and Second "Waves" of "THEM" have come and gone...

If I'm "meant" to BUY it, then it will still BE There! ...Ready to JUMP into My Arms, BEGGING Me to take it Home!

Anyway... FUTURE SHOP is only a 10-minute Walk away, as Driving there and TRYING to "Find" a Parking Spot would have taken LONGER! And, despite the -19C Windchill, it WAS Sunny, I haven't had to Shovel in almost a Week, and needed the Exercise... Also, by *not* using the Car, I had to LIMIT My Purchases to Whatever I could CARRY!

[ooooo! Evil "expensive" Thoughts...!]

I bundled up - with my *newly* Created COWL [in CHOCOLATE] that needed to be Field-Tested - and set forth...

Huh. The Store really ISN'T as Crowded as I would have expected! No doubt, due to increased Online Sales and the Fact that some of the Prices AREN'T really that Low! -- I took My Time to Browse. Grabbed another one of those 500Gb BACKUP DRIVES like "KYLIE", except in BLACK. The Price actually was *good* on that one!

Wandered some more... The DVD Prices didn't seem that "special"... Nothing exciting going on in the Computer Section either... Hmm... DIGITAL FRAMES... Actually, I *have* been wanting to get one of those for Years now... Might look COOL on My CRAFT SHOW Tables...?

Let's go have a Looksee, shall We?

So many to choose from... The "Technology" has improved. Not big on those 10-inch ones - might as well just use My LAPTOP! And the 7-inch is too small. -- BTW, seriously, What IS the deal with the hideous "Frames" on some of these Things?!




Eventually, I settled on the modestly Sale-Priced 8-inch SONY one. And, MET a most charming
"Contemporary" in the process!

-- The Aisle was empty and He was parking Himself whilst His *Techie*
"Partner" shopped. -- Meanwhile, I was enlightened with His favourable opinion on These Things and other informative Conversation ensued...




Alas, I had to take My leave, since OTHER Shopping awaited! -- I also put back the DRIVE. I really
don't need it at Present, but the FRAME is something that I have wanted for a while. And *both*,
isn't in THE BUDGET right Now.

Managed to Survive the TREK through the Parking Lots, past the Cinema, over to the STRIP MALL where the OLD NAVY is located. -- Wasn't so bad in There, either...

Anyhoo... FOUND a great Pair of BROWN Flannel-Lined Brush-Denim CARGO PANTS -- I had forgotten that I was in *need* of such! The heavier Pants that I currently have, are actually too Loose on Me! Also, picked up a few thinner "waffle" Henleys - [ASH-BROWN, TURQUOISE, LILAC-PINK] - There were also a couple of more Tops, but they weren't "on sale" or, really necessary...




Meanwhile, during My perusal of the sparse and well-picked-over "Clearance Section", I got to play "AUNTIE DRESS-UP" with a couple of younger-side 20-Somethings...

Apparently, Fashionista "Contestant" #1 was a lover of All-Clothes-BLACK, whilst Her BFF was attempting to overwhelm Her with Death-By-Colour! I believe that I managed to introduce Them both to the Concept of "CLASSIC accented with TREND"...

TRANSLATION - GIRL-IN-BLACK got to keep one BLACK [instead of the really dull GREY] Top. However, also HAD to take the Trendy CORAL one to "layer" with it! Which, would also go great with Something in a PALE BLUE later on...

Whatever, when I left Them, I believe *some* of My profound "Sage-ness" may have stuck...

And then, off to the CHECKOUT LINE I went... Oh, hey! Great Flannel Shirts over there... But, I'll LOSE My "place" in the quickly moving Queue... OH! Thank You, SHOPPING FAIRY! -- MOTHER just walked IN and has found Me!!

-- [ ELDERLY PARENTAL UNITS were to meet Me at THE MALL later with the CAR... ] --

Parked Her into My LINE-SLOT whilst I took a Minute to grab one of Those Shirts!

So. Absolutely *nothing* going on at THE MALL! However, FATHER did get His "Walk" in, and the opportunity to purchase His beloved "on sale" FRUITCAKE! -- [Pardon Me, *have* to "Cringe" for a second..] -- Well, at least I got to add on more STORE POINTS and get a Ride Home...


****************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10